Struggle Bus: the production
It looks like the weather is going to be gut-punchingly cold this weekend. (The low for the weekend here in Amarillo is -6 degrees.) Great. That’s just what we all needed: more time stuck inside. Fortunately, I’ve got some good news for you! Struggle Bus made it’s big stage debut this past week, and you can stream it for a limited time tomorrow 2/12 – Sunday 2/14. Isn’t that great timing? The way I see it, the brilliant minds over at Harding University Theatre have solved at least two problems for you on this cold, stuck-inside weekend:
Problem 1: You: “I’d love to read your book, Josh; but, I wish there were a more exciting option. Perhaps something that required less of a time commitment? Or that had pictures? Or music?” Problem solved.
Problem 2: Are you married? This Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, you don’t have to spend hours in a state of “I don’t care. What do you want to watch?” limbo. Just head over to https://www.broadwayondemand.com/series/fOn5l7a8Q2yc-struggle-bus–harding-university-theatre and enjoy. It’s $14 for a production designed for your whole family. Problem solved.
Yep, I’m asking you to do me a favor. Please support Harding University Theatre by streaming the production based on my book. Yes, I know you have to create a broadwayondemand account. Yes, I know it will cost about as much as my book. But, it’s way more fun than reading my book. Also, it took a ton of student and faculty time, creativity, and energy to make this thing happen.
When you do stream it, I’d love to hear what you think. Simply reply to this email or connect with me on social media.
Am I out of favors yet? If not, here’s one more: take a moment to share the streaming link on your social media feed. That would be just wonderful of you. Here it is again: https://www.broadwayondemand.com/series/fOn5l7a8Q2yc-struggle-bus–harding-university-theatre
Thanks again for following along! Have a wonderful, Struggle Bus-filled weekend!
Step-by-step Streaming Instructions
For the less technically inclined, here are more specific streaming instructions:
1. Go here: https://www.broadwayondemand.com/series/fOn5l7a8Q2yc-struggle-bus–harding-university-theatre.
2. Click the button that says “Click here to pre-order now” (a “play” button may pop up. This is ok. Click the button.)
3. Create an account if you don’t already have one (Click the link that says “Don’t have an account, click here to sign up.”)
4. Submit your payment information for the one-time charge of $13.95.
5. Give yourself a high five for supporting Harding University Theatre. You earned it.
6. After submitting payment, Struggle Bus will be linked to your account.
7. You can log back in to https://www.broadwayondemand.com/series/fOn5l7a8Q2yc-struggle-bus–harding-university-theatre any time from 2/12 to 2/14. You should be able to stream it as often as you want during the three day period.
8. If you don’t see the Struggle Bus Storytelling Event, click on the three bars on the top left of the screen, then click on your email address/profile icon, then click on the “purchases” button. It should show up there.
9. The production pairs well with chicken nuggets, Dr. Pepper, and chocolate. Order copious amounts of each for an optimal viewing experience. Also, queso.
10. Share the link on social media.
11. Give yourself another high five, because you’re awesome.